Keyblade Hearts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Keyblade Hearts

A Kingdom Hearts Fansite

2 posters

Dark--a story written by me

Dark--a story written by me Empty Dark--a story written by me

Post  Guest Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:26 am

This story, Dark was originally written for deviantART, for the "100 Theme Challenge". But I thought I would post it on here.

She stood back; a satisfied smile spread across her features. Golden eyes watched as the heart floated up from the Shadow’s body, and up into the sky—before finally vanishing.

‘Another heart… one step closer.’

As the body disappeared into darkness, she pulled her hood over her head, hiding her features in darkness to anyone who passed her. She decided she would take herself on a little tour of the town, before returning to her home world.

‘Traverse Town. It’s such a… quaint little town. Is it ever morning here? Or always night? Is darkness always shadowing over?’

“Darkness…” she whispered. “Why is darkness everywhere?”

“That’s a simple enough answer,” answered a voice that the sixteen-year-old girl all knew too well.

“What are you doing here?” she hissed in a venomous voice. “You promised that you would let me achieve this mission on my own.”

“And that is exactly what I have done. You have succeeded in your mission, have you not?” His voice was almost threatening; but he was the Superior after all.

The teenager sighed in annoyance and folded her arms across her chest. “… Whatever.”

“Good. Now to answer your question,” the Superior said, beckoning the young girl over to a vacant bench. The teen rolled her eyes, and huffed. “Do you want an answer or not?”

“I can’t believe you’re so willing to actually give me an answer.” The young girl sat beside the Superior, her arms still folded.

“You’re sixteen—I think you can handle it.”

“So come on then, inform me. Why is darkness everywhere?” The teenager asked resting her hands behind her head, and crossing one knee over the other.

“Darkness is the same as light. It has no reason for existence. It is just there. However, some people say that darkness exists to turn people who were originally good people, into evil people—“

“So, you’re saying that evil is everywhere?”

The Superior glared at the teen. “Let me finish. As I was saying; some people believe that darkness exists to turn good into evil. That is not true. However, darkness does indeed turn good into evil, but that is not why darkness exists. As for why it’s everywhere—well, light is everywhere, is it not? Darkness is the opposite of light, so it must be that darkness is, too, everywhere.”

The teen was dumbfounded. “… Why didn’t you just say that in the first place, then?”

“Because I want you to grow up to be more intelligent then you are now,” the Superior simply answered. The teen nodded, accepting that as her answer. But still, she wondered about another thing.

‘Am… am I in darkness? Because I’m a Nobody? Are ALL Nobodies in darkness?’

She stood up, and took a few steps forward. She nervously rubbed her hands together. “… Dad?” she said in a quiet voice, “Am I in darkness? Am I… evil?” The Superior stood up, turned his daughter around and brought her into a hug.

“You’re not evil—but you are in darkness. But that is not your fault, you understand?”

“I… I-I guess I do… but what about my name? I know it has something to do with darkness…”

The Superior released his daughter. “You are correct. Your name means in-between light and darkness.”

‘Yeah, but it’s leaning more towards the darkness…’
    Shadowz
    Shadowz
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2009-02-07

Character sheet
    Name:: Axrion
    HP:
    Dark--a story written by me Left_bar_bleue750/750Dark--a story written by me Empty_bar_bleue  (750/750)
    MP:
    Dark--a story written by me Left_bar_bleue650/650Dark--a story written by me Empty_bar_bleue  (650/650)

Dark--a story written by me Empty Re: Dark--a story written by me

Post  Shadowz Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:31 am

Brilliant
    Shingi
    Shingi
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 176
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
    Name:: Shingi
    HP:
    Dark--a story written by me Left_bar_bleue750/750Dark--a story written by me Empty_bar_bleue  (750/750)
    MP:
    Dark--a story written by me Left_bar_bleue650/650Dark--a story written by me Empty_bar_bleue  (650/650)

Post  Shingi Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:54 am

Good *claps*

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:46 am